Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Apple Bottom Jeans

Another medallion! There is something very enjoyable and soothing about picking out eight - twelve different fabrics that look good together, putting them in a pile and then going around and around with borders until you're done. This time I decided not to do any triangles; just squares and rectangles. Which I think has made it quite boring, although that could be the slightly subdued colour palette.



It's a bit smaller than the last one because I wasn't finding it very interesting, so stopped. It's quilted in a rectangular meander - I haven't done it before but might use it again. Good coverage and a reasonable amount of visual interest but not difficult to do.



The name is yet another ear worm that I couldn't get rid of! Such a catchy song, and vaguely relevant because of the apple-green .... maybe? They are not apples in the middle square, they are tomatoes. Green tomatoes.


I had a lot of trouble trying to focus a photo on this quilt. I think my phone is getting a bit old ... but I refuse to upgrade dammit, new phones are way too expensive. Here is a blurry distance shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment