Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The other Berlin wool

My husband bought me some other very lovely wool in Berlin - beautiful dyed skeins - one in a mid-red and one in a deep purpley red. I posted about it when I was winding it in to a ball with my excellent ball winder (I've done a lot of winding now and I LOVE IT, it makes the most delightful centre pull balls) but you couldn't really see the colour.



 This is the finished scarf. It was wonderful to weave. Clean, stretchy but not too much, soft but solid and such pretty colours. Decent quality wool is really delightful. As opposed to my photography. I thought if I folded it, and put it on the laundry basket, it would be better. But it's not.



It's a houndstooth, not that the pattern is very clearly defined. Houndstooth is becoming my go-to pattern when I want to blend a couple of colours together in an interesting way. And it's super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment