Here's a better post than garbage - the beautiful spring flowers that we are surrounded with at the moment. I weeded (some of) this garden bed today. It involved crawling around under that blossom tree, which was very pretty and smelled very nice, but also involved lots of bees and showers of petals every time I moved.
The ranunculus that we planted as part of the big bulb order are popping up here and there.
There are heaps of these lovely purple bulbs, I can't remember what they're called.
The ajuga are flowering - I even went and bought some more at the garden centre. It is very odd to buy plants at the garden centre because you get one or two or even ten tiny little plants ... and they just vanish into the expanse of our garden. I am more used to chopping back, ripping out and cutting up than planting teeny little things and cherishing them.
The hellebores are absolutely thriving.
And so much blossom. Beautiful. It rained solidly on the weekend which was wonderful and very much needed. It was the town's arts trail weekend so we went out to a couple of open studios on properties out of town. Incredible art but mostly incredible locations and landscape: one carved out of a big farm right next to the Shoalhaven River with an enormous sky and one in a foggy rainforest valley backing right onto the national park. Even in the terrible weather we're glad we went - a good excuse to explore the neighbourhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment