Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Painting from life

I'm trying to do more painting from real life scenes and not copying other people's art on the internet. This is quite difficult for a number of reasons - not only is my local environment fairly dull, but I do all my painting after about 8 pm so it would have to be photos, and most of all it's REALLY HARD to make decisions about what to include and how to go about it. Much easier when somebody has already done that work and all you have to do is trot along behind. But, because I am committed to continuous personal growth (I'm really not) I am giving it a go.

I did a sketch of folk festival scenes. Coffee and ice-cream! The inflatable ice cream on the van did totally look like testicles in real life, it's not just my drawing.

My people are genuinely awful. The ones in the back are meant to be dancing.

A house on a street from my walk a couple of weeks ago. It is quite a nice house and I have not done it justice. I can't see myself being one of those artists that post little sketches through the letter box as a nice surprise for the owner (yes, it happens, google it). 

1 comment:

  1. Well, it all looks great to me. I'm so tempted to have a go. But I'm so busy!

    ReplyDelete