Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Bleak weekend

The weekend was cold, cloudy and windy with rain gusts blowing in. Perfect for sitting by the fire, which I did! And went for a walk on Sunday morning to get the cobwebs out, it certainly worked, I kept my beanie on and my hands in my pockets.

Other than that the weekend was very quiet. We continued in our aim of getting rid of stuff bit by bit ... went through a couple of tubs of kids' school stuff that had been poked into the shed. Hilarious! We kept a lot of the creative writing / projects and turfed many maths workbooks and dodgy 'art'. We did not consult the children in this process.

My husband found this relic from the past in one of his bedside drawers. I bought him this fancy high-tech 'personal organiser' in possibly 1995 or 1996 - we had a friend who had one and we thought it was the absolute latest. This one might not be the original, he upgraded himself at some point for more memory!!!! 32 KB!!!!!! What on earth can you do with that.... it was really just a fancy address book and calendar. But still about $300 from memory, which wasn't cheap back in the day.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what 2020s stuff people will be laughing at in another couple of decades? I shall probably not be here to find out...

    ReplyDelete