Thursday, December 24, 2020

Continuing on

Merry Christmas everyone - I am so looking forward to a break which may - covid-willing - involve some beach time! The Sydney outbreak looks like it's on the decline with only 8 cases yesterday; they've put some serious lockdowns in place so it should keep shrinking. Famous last words! I like looking back on these blog posts with my narrator voice on "But she was wrong. It was not on the decline. Even as she wrote those words, a mutant strain was brewing in the Dee Why bowlo that would change the face of Christmas .... for everyone" etc.

Lifeline held its first bookfair this year which was a very joyous occasion. I don't think many people knew it was on because when I went for Sunday-afternoon-$20-a-bag there were hardly any people there and still masses of books. Good books too, so I filled two grocery bags to the absolute brim and I will enjoy them at my leisure. This is the desk in the bedroom.

There are some library books in there too, just I case I run out. Despite working through Christmas last year to organise that massive conference I am not taking leave this year - just the time between Christmas and New Year when my organisation closes down. I feel slightly ripped off but there's not really any option given how short we are on staff at the moment, but I feel that I am owed a holiday. Perhaps March?

1 comment:

  1. Oh good gracious me, that looks like a lot of books. How sad to be still working... On the other hand, how great to be so young.

    ReplyDelete